News & EventsLatest NewsCalendar
Robbie Hatton scores twice in sensational 4-3 victory at Hind Heath Road.

Robbie Hatton scores twice in sensational 4-3 victory at Hind Heath Road.

Oliver Byron22 Jan - 14:45
Share via

Sandbach United won 4-3 against Droylsden in an eventful league game with plenty of goals.

Written by Daniel Needham.

Sandbach United and Droylsden are two sides who are both pushing for promotion this season, with only seven points separating them in the league. Manager, Declan Swan said, “A win today is a must for both sides.”

Following Bach’s 2-1 win against New Mills last Saturday, Swan stated, “The Ramblers have been the form side for 3 months and recovered from a new year blip having beaten New Mills last weekend in a close game.

The Ramblers welcomed back centre back Tom Morris who had been previously suspended. He started alongside Jordan Stafford who was selected as captain for this fixture.

Within the first 30 seconds of the match, Droylsden snatched an early lead. After a defensive slip-up from the hosts, Benjamin Lowe chipped the ball over Seb Jensen to put Droylsden 1-0 up.

Sandbach attempted to respond instantly, with a great effort from Kieran Alley after Kattah set the ball for him well. Alley’s forceful strike was blocked by the Droylsden centre back.
However, it wasn’t long before Sandbach equalised. In the 13th minute, Bach won a penalty after Kattah was brought down inside of the box. Hatton calmly equalised from the spot with a serene finish into the bottom left corner.

Sandbach United went 2-1 up in the 33rd minute as a Droylsden defender sliced the ball into the back of his own net after a drilled cross from Kieran Alley.
The visitors managed to equalise just before the half-time whistle, as Rio Pemberton was found unmarked in a dangerous position. Pemberton’s one-touch, curled strike looped into the side netting to make the scoreline all square at the break.

Only 7 minutes into the second half, the Bloods scored again. Anthony Warburtons close-range strike snuck into the near post, beating Sandbach goalkeeper Seb Jensen.
The Greater Manchester side almost extended their lead with a great strike from Rio Pemberton. Jensen made a great save and tipped the ball over the bar to deny Pemberton’s top corner finish.

In the 71st minute, a moment of magic from Robbie Hatton found Sandbach back all square at Hind Heath Road. Hatton’s phenomenal strike soared into the top left corner from long range to equalise for Bach.

With ten minutes left, Josh Oultram scored the winning goal with a great header after a high cross was launched into the box.

Oultram almost scored another goal two minutes later with a great effort from the wing. His ambitious shot hit the woodwork and was cleared by Droylsden.
However, Sandbach held on to their 1 goal lead until the full-time whistle. Sandbach displayed their persistence after coming back from 1-0, and 3-2. Another three points in the league for the Ramblers will assist them in their push for promotion and will be used a confidence boost for the remainder of the season.

Sandbach will now make the trip down to Market Drayton for their next fixture on Saturday 27th January, where they will attempt to pick up another three points.

Further reading